Requirements for the level of information protection began to grow with the increase of attacks not only on large companies, but also on ordinary users. Here is more about Data Room security measures.
Analysis of information security threats
In the conditions of rapid informatization of society, wide application of computer equipment and computer systems, issues of information security become especially relevant. Increasing the volume of processing and transmission of information in computer systems and networks, especially in banking systems, in the management systems of large financial and industrial organizations, energy companies, transport, in management and communication systems for military purposes requires new approaches to protocols and security mechanisms in the data transmission process. The requirements for security and reliability of processed and transmitted information in such systems are very strict, as a failure of the system or exceeding the established restrictions of these properties can lead to significant financial and material losses.
Stay safe with Virtual Data Room
Today Data Rooms are widely used for ensuring a secure workspace for most business processes. Cloud-based Data Room provides data storage, access to computing resources, interconnection, and data security by the model as a service. Clouds optimize the overall cost and performance of the infrastructure and allow you to flexibly manage other people’s resources at any time for any of your needs.
Most companies prefer using Data Room solutions because of:
- Cost. Cloud computing allows organizations to pay for all the necessary resources and avoid costly investments in local IT systems that are rarely used.
- Energy efficiency. Cloud computing centers benefit from energy consumption due to the large-scale and efficient use of energy.
- Accessibility. Data Rooms make it easier to access files or software from any device that has an Internet connection.
- Reliability. Cloud systems have high standards of data protection and encryption. Reliable providers invest huge sums in the development of security, encryption, and fault tolerance systems.
Data Room end-to-end encryption protocols
According to https://datarooms-review.com/, channel, and end-to-end encryption is used to counter security breaches in the Data Room:
- With channel encryption, the entire data stream in the channel is protected. One of the disadvantages is the need to decrypt the data packet each time it passes through the packet switch, and the message becomes vulnerable in each switch.
- With end-to-end encryption, the encryption process is performed only in the two end systems. A significant disadvantage is the lack of encryption of the entire data stream, as packet headers are transmitted in the open (X.25 protocol).
End-to-end encryption is a method of data transmission in which only users who participate in communication have access to messages. Thus, the use of end-to-end encryption does not allow access to cryptographic keys by third parties.
To hide the message, the application on your device generates two cryptographic keys – public and private. The public key can be passed to anyone who wants to encrypt the message for you. Closed – decrypts messages sent to you and never leaves your device.
With end-to-end encryption, the encryption function can be placed at the network level. The placement of encryption means end-to-end data protocols, such as X.25 or TCP network layer protocols, provide end-to-end data transmission security within any single network. However, such encryption may not provide the necessary security for data exchange between networks, for example, when using e-mail, electronic data interchange, or when transferring files.
E2EE is ideal for those who care about privacy and security. It is impossible to talk about complete security when using end-to-end encryption, but its level is quite high.